...and all you see is where else you could be when you're at home...

Author: Sarah Jo /

So I’ve been thinking of ways to escape Darkest Maconga (I’m doing that a lot lately…) and thinking about what I want to do or where I want to go. I came up with the idea that my ideal situation for my current phase of life would be to find a boyfriend who’s in a band….go on tour with them as their photographer…play music all the time and get better…and maybe eventually be an opener for them. That would be awesome. However, that is my dream. No lie, I have heard 3 sermons in the past week about relinquishing control to God. I know part of the reason why I’ve been miserable the past couple of years is because I have pried the reins out of God’s hands little by little, thinking for some reason that I could do a better job than He could at this point in my life. I know that God has crazy plans for me because He always has. He’s always shown me that His plans are better. I’ve always seen the reasons why…maybe not immediately, but in due course. Part of the reason why I’m wanting to maintain control is because inwardly I’m afraid that God’s way for me will be boring…too “pious” or what have you. God pretty much invented all things adventurous….so why should I think that he would ordain the boring stuff for me when He also created me…therefore knowing that I crave all things adventurous? It’s so easy to forget that God knows exactly what my wildest dreams are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you wouldn't believe how crazy God works when you least expect it. keep watching for it.

Stephen S said...

stumbled upon your blog looking at lyrics for mewithoutyou, i love what your doing, keep it up.