So I suppose it's appropriate to write the annual "what I'm thankful for" entry, considering today is Thanksgiving day!!! First of all, I'm extremely thankful to be home for Thanksgiving this year to celebrate and share it with my family. Last year I was up in Black Mountain and it was a very difficult day because it was the first Thanksgiving I had ever spent away from home.

I'm thankful for my life and how it's turned out, even though I may not be exactly where I want to be right now. I'm thankful for my parents, who have been amazing teachers throughout my life. I'm thankful that they have never pressured me to be anything other than the person I am....that they let me major in what I wanted in college instead of pressuring me to major in something "more stable" or something that would accomodate a more lucrative career. I'm thankful for my talents, because when I stop to think about it I am talented in many ways.

I'm thankful for coffee.
I'm thankful for music, because without it I would go stark raving mad.
I'm thankful for the outdoors and that nature speaks to me so strongly.
I'm thankful for my mind, that I am able to think for myself instead of being a clone.
I'm thankful for God, because I constantly realize that I need more grace than I thought, and He is always faithful to extend that to me.
I'm thankful for my old friends, my new friends, and what they've taught me.
I'm thankful for my camera, because with it I can share how I see the world sometimes.
I'm thankful for the relationships I've had, because I know that they are working to teach me what love really is through the heartbreak.

I hope all of you reading this take a second to think about the simple stuff you're thankful for, as well as the big obvious stuff. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving, everyone!

'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come round right.

0 comments: