Morning coffee, etc.

Author: Sarah Jo /

Here's some of my poetry that I ran across.....haven't posted them in a while, so I figured I would. (the last one's a collection of haiku I did once...)


December 8, 2005
Heart-Shaped Paper Lanterns
The pinkish shadow
Reminds me of how it felt
To meet you
And to see you now

I could pull this feeling
Craft it, fold it
Make it a vessel
For the music
Trailing after you

Don't forget
Each moment's hope
Tucked away
As the light source
Until each sense
Each piece of time
Casts a rainbow shadow

I'll take the rainbow
Tie it in my hair
To remember

January 29, 2006
Peach Tea
The sun shone in my glass
Causing an auburn glow
Similar in color to the rolling drawls
Of the modern-day Scarlets
Talking of subjects as vast as a magnolia bloom
The squeals and laughter
Rolling across my ears
As I tasted the soul of the South

I remember those girls
Who chose to soak themselves
In bows and tiny cups of porcelain
Filled with tradition
While I was immersed in the cold creeks of heritage
And christened with red clay

Now watching this dance of smiles and gestures
The air thick with perfume and words
I fade into the auburn glow
And play the part


February 18, 2005
little candy hearts
showing me my hoped fortune.
is this what love is?


the coffee's strong tonight.
the memory's aroma
relaxes to sleep.


familiar song plays;
it is summertime again
with the rain falling.


too bad i must watch
love's telling interactions.
i did know that once.


boy not expected
holds a boom box above him
serenades the queen.


home is where it is:
the heart, the problem, the x.
what to do is key.

0 comments: